Houseplants aren’t just cute — they’re good for you!
Plants are becoming one of the most trendy house decorations around. Pinterest is blowing up with lists and pictures about houseplants, and personally, I love them. They are the perfect way to add some life to your apartment or house and they are so cute!
Houseplants also have amazing health benefits. They can reduce stress, fight colds, remove contaminants in the air, and so much more.
Here are 5 health benefits you get from having houseplants.
- Help fight against colds. Plants in your home can reduce cold-related sicknesses by 30%.
- Improve your mental health. Houseplants help give you a feeling of well-being and make you feel more calm and optimistic.
- Stop Headaches. Houseplants filter the air making so you aren’t breathing in stale air that can contribute to headaches.
- Improve your sleep. Many plants give off oxygen at night which helps you to get a better nights sleep.
- Remove contaminants from the air. Plants naturally filter the air making the air you breathe in your home cleaner and fresher.
Where are the best places to buy houseplants?
It can be hard to find the perfect plant for your home, so let’s help you out. Here is my list of the best places near Rexburg to buys plants and pots to put them in!
- Treehouse Nursery & Landscape Co.
- Paradise Nursery
- BYU-Idaho plant shop
- Lone Pine Nursery
- Sunnyside Gardens
- Home Depot
- Eagle Rock Nursery
- Town and Country Gardens
Some of my favorite places to get pots is at places like TJ Max, Ross or Amazon. Many of these nurseries have a selection of pots to choose from as well. Most of them also have people there who are very helpful and can help you find the perfect plant for your home.